New Works From France!

The family that owns Chateau de Bouthonvillers has lived here since 1784.

It is not an exaggeration to say that my time in France changed my life. I can not fully express how incredible my recent residency was. I will have a future blog post with more detail sometime in the near future. My time in Paris alone is worth several entries, but for now, this post is just to show some of the work I made will I was there. 

This is Radar. He was very sweet and was very patient with a first time rider like me.

I was able to get my dog "fix" thanks to this little guy.

Thank you to the Director David Marriott for giving me a chance. Thank you to all the incredible artists I met and shared space with. Thank you Hans Ulrich Obrist for taking the time out of your hectic schedule to chat with me.

Thank you to Lucy & Jorge Orta for the hospitality and the tour of your incredible studios at Les Moulins. Thank you Continua Gallery for the incredible tour of your special project space. And of course, a HUGE thank you to the love I support I received from my parents, and the love of my life, the future Mrs. Musser, Phuong Tran.

Oil & Charcoal On Paper

These are not finalized pieces, just thoughts/sketches for larger, future works particularly focused on my families transition from being " French" to "White Americans."


Detail #1
Detail #2






Charcoal On Paper


Detail #1
Detail #2

Detail #1
Detail #2
Annnddddd I did manage to make small collage. Ink, charcoal, & collage on paper.

Comments

Popular Posts