Poetry By Bonnie Hodge

Poetry inspired by my work is a first for me. I don't quite know what to say, other than I am honored. Thank you Bonnie.

I can feel the mania 
Flowing in my veins 
Starting to rage again 
The surging waves 
That propel me to creativity 
The frantic energy 
Keeping me up at night 
Thoughts and ideas flying 
Filling pages from a weary mind 
Heeding them as incumbent 
I need to sleep but I can't.

"I need to sleep, but I can't." Spray Paint, Paper, & Gesso On Cardboard
12 x 10 inches. 2018

Oh hey, beautiful girl 
Trouble will find you 
Oh hey, believe it 
Heartache will unwind you 
You've had it before 
At your feet like a dog 
At your shrine like a god
In all forms incited and uninvited
Oh hey, beautiful girl
They'll never believe you 
Oh hey, believe it 
They'll sooner deceive you 
You're a victim today
You're a victor tomorrow
How fickle their minds are
How supple and shallow
Oh hey, beautiful girl
The future is yours 
Oh hey, believe it
The next move is yours
Your Heart Is In The Right Place. Oil, Acrylic, & Pen On Paper
23 x 30 inches. 2015


Comments

Popular Posts