Tracey Emin demands artwork be removed saying ‘current situation shameful’

The artist donated More Passion to the Government Art Collection in 2011.


Tracey Emin has requested that Number 10 Downing Street bring down a work of art she donated to the UK Government saying the "current situation is shameful".

"More Passion," a neon piece by the Turner Prize nominated artist, was introduced in Downing Street in 2011 when David Cameron was head of the state.


Posting on Instagram the 58-year-old said she wanted the piece taken down as a sign of protest for claims of gatherings at 10 Downing Street during lockdown.

She said: "This is my neon that hangs at 10 Downing Street. It was a gift from myself to the Government Art collection. I am now in the process of requesting that my art work be removed from 10 Downing Street .

I feel More Passion is the last thing this present government needs. This current situation is shameful."


Comments

Popular Posts