Chicago Barewalls 2009

For those of you not familiar with Barewalls, it is fund raiser put on by the School of The Art Institute of Chicago every year to raise money for student scholarships. The school clears out one of their galleries, invite alumni like myself and Joe Spangler in, give us 7 or 8 hours to paint whatever, feed us and give us booze, invite high rollers and wannabe high rollers in at $250 per ticket, get those people fed and drunk, then once they are hammered and feel like time is running out, they bid on the artwork of their choice. 

Winning bid takes the painting it's an absolute fucking mad house from 8-830pm. I hate painting in front of people and I hate acrylics (so does Joe) but it was for a good cause, I had fun, saw some old friends, made some connections, and got a nice tax right off form the whole thing. Below are some highlights! 

Enjoy.


Joe Spangler, the sideways painting king!
Getting it done!












Thumbs up!
What you looking at sucka?!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love what you do, Jeff. Just keep going; you have everything you'd need as an artist. I love your visions; I love your dreams; I love your passion; I love your diligence; I love your confidence in your potential. And I can see them all in your artworks.

It's kind of interesting that I feel connected to your works...I don't know how to describe this.

Great job, Jeff :)
Appreciate your open sharing and your daily committment to your passion

Congrats on Verge studio and article a joyfilled New Year to you!
Dianne ART: Celebrating Life
Anonymous said…
Jeff - you rock - your vision continues to change and your mastery of your medium continually refines itself.
Congratulations.
Curtis & Michael

Popular Posts