Kiss My Ass Smithsonian!



You all know that I didn't get into the Smithsonian,which hurt, but I got over it. National exposure would have been nice,but something much better happened. I was able to make a connection that ever artist hopes to make with someone.
I came in contact with a person who when they saw the painting of my grandmother, simply put, cried.



"You have captured a generation that is slowly leaving us," is an exact quote from said person.
Before the painting they had no idea who I was, no idea what my work was about, no idea what I went through to make that painting. And yet I was able to take them to a place where they did not expect to go and expose them to emotions they had not yet fully dealt with. It has only happened twice in my life, but the fact that it happened at all was extraordinary.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This time of year, and this painting, reminds me of my late Aunt Violet. You have indeed captured something beautiful.

--your neighbor, apt d!

Popular Posts