Sometimes I Need To Stretch My Painting Legs...

Ok people, don’t freak out, I’m not completely switching my direction!

Think of the way someone from your favorite band has a side project not related to whatever, like Maynard from TOOL doing his Pucisifer and A Perfect Circle stuff.

I'm just moving paint around not to be considered real paintings, just exercises. And it’s a way for me to blow of steam. My realism work is so structured, so intense, so detailed, so introspective, so filled with self-doubt, that I need to just step back from time to time, so I don’t loose it.

Gerhard Richter is without a doubt one of the greatest living artists, and one of the greatest painters of the 20th century. I can only hope for a career as vibrant and expansive as his.

He has been one of my painting idols sense I discovered him in Chicago, and I suppose these could be called “My Baby Richter Series” as homage to him.

Below are the Baby Richters.

Enjoy :)


**Update 1/30/2012**

Just knocked out this one. So I took my least favorite painting from my 2007 Local Legends Show, portrait of Patrica Wall and...

...turned it into this. You can still see her face, hence the title "Patrica Peeking Through."


Comments

Well done Baby Richter! You've got his technique down
Anonymous said…
Also your unicorn chick is totally hot
Jeff Musser said…
yeah she is a looker.

www.jeffmusser.com

Popular Posts