CARAVAGGIO, MAPPLETHORPE, & "SPECIAL" JESUS

Highlights From LACMA & The Getty

Special thank you Han who let me crash at his place,  Felipe Smith for being an old school SAIC friend and brother in the struggle that is art, Jeff, Molly, Russell, for the great Saturday night at the Magic Castle, and the lovely Rani Paez for being my downtown LA and LACMA companion. 

First up, "Special" Jesus:


Maybe it's just my imagination, but does the savior of mankind look like he has down syndrome? I was walking by the painting at LACMA and I heard these girls giggling and one of them said, "It looks like Jesus is retarded!" I thought they were just being bithces, but then I saw this thought, "Yeah he does look a little bit on the Downy side." Maybe that's why he was so in touch with the divine, he was on different level, a level that is more child like and optimistic...food for thought people.



The Getty: 



 Without a doubt one of the most beautiful museums on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Deer on the grounds of The Getty!
Look at the jacket! 
Downtown LA 































  








Burrito action with Felipe Smith:










LACMA with Rani Paez:





























































It was reeeeeaaaalllyyyy interesting to see peoples reactions to the work on display. There were quite a few people who obviously never heard of him, and thus didn't know erotic, confrontational nature of the pictures. I almost broke out laughing when I heard a man say, 
"Holy shit, his arm is in that guys ass!"































Comments

Popular Posts